Saturday, August 8, 2009

Today is Saturday and I got to sleep in! It has been sprinkling off and on all day. The day would have been a really nice day for a book and napping, but being Saturday it means to catch up around here. Plus, we have a family gathering tonight at 6. Have to fix food and that is always such a big deal to me because I never know what to fix. After thinking about what to take all week I decided to make homemade macaroni and cheese. Last night I got some really good cheese for it. When I went to start the white sauce low and behold there was not any butter. This being Saturday I hate to get dressed before I really have to so I ask my husband if he would run to the store and get some. Let me tell you that was not high on his list of things he would like to do. But being the good husband that he is, he did go to the store for me. Really, going to reunions is not my cup of tea but is the only one that I have to go to this summer. Besides I want to take my camera and get pictures of my dad and his sister together. Aunt Mable turned 90 a couple of weeks ago and my dad is 88. There were three girls and three boys in their family and they are the only two left. They are the youngest. Their mother lived to be 94 or 96. I am not a great socializer at these things so I try to put in a respectable amount of time and then head home. I like it when our kids spouses are at things because none of the three of us like the big family social gatherings and we are ready to bolt when at all possible. Dad thought that he should take a pie with him tonight and of course it is out of a box and needed baked. Ihad him come over for a haircut and told him to bring the pie and I would bake it for him. He thought that I should bake it at the last minute so he could eat it warm. The macaroni and cheese need to be hot and the pie is getting done now. I will gladly heat up a piece of pie for him there if he decided that is what he would like for dessert. Must close for now and get my white sauce done. Have a good evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment