Wednesday, August 12, 2009

PEOPLE HURTING

Last evening Sis and I went to the funeral home. A 37 year old girl had been killed. We had grown up with the mother of the girl and the mothers siblings. How sad the mother and father were. They loved their daughter and she was the mom's best friend. She told us that as we went through the line and I thought about my own daughter and the many women that I know who think the same way. We love our daughters and they are our best friends and she lost hers. She looked so tired out and I thought how many sleepless nights she has had since this happened. The hours of standing there and greeting hundreds of people that came to tell them how sorry they were for their loss. I have thought about this family all day and have been praying that God would give them peace and comfort today as they faced the funeral and their final good bye to their daughter. My heart just breaks for them.

Our daughter has a friend who just has lost one of her twin girls that she was caring. She has been going through so much with caring these girls and now one of them has passed away. How do you face all of that. The sadness and the joy of your little girls.

Another family we know their little boy has had an accident that a lawn mower ran over his little leg. He has had so many surgeries and been in so much pain. The mother is caring another child and is spending all of her time in the hospital with the little boy. So far the baby is well.

A friend of the family has just lost his boss to a car accident. The trumoil at the work place of the boss suddenly gone. It makes one stop to realize that life is so fragile, can be here one minute and can be gone in the next. All of these situations there are so many people hurting and needing to have comfort and peace. I just pray that God will grant them His peace and comfort in each situation. I remember how I felt when mum passed away and how much comfort there was when people prayed for us. The peace that was granted to us that she was in Heaven and yes how we missed her and still do but she is with Jesus. There are so many small things that happen to remind me how much I miss mum. She hurt so much and was ready to go home that I would not want her back to be suffering just because I or anyone else missed her, but I miss her so very much. We were at the family reunion Saturday evening and just a year ago she was there and this year she was not.

1 comment:

  1. aww, mom that makes me miss grandma too... seems like there is so much going wrong right now... I sure love you and miss you!! :)

    ReplyDelete