Sunday, August 9, 2009

SUNDAY AT ITS' BEST!!

Just could not get going this morning even with coffee in me. Terry told me it was past time that we left for church so I really had to step it up and get to the car. The weather is cloud, in the 80s, and very humid today. That in it self is not any motivation to get moving. We got to church and with alot of the teens at a week end retreat, we ended up with three guys for class. One of them said how hungry he was. Terry and I looked at each other and just laughed. Last night I ask him if we could go out to breakfast with the teens that showed up today. That was our sign telling us we should take them to breakfast. There is a place about five miles from the church that was open, so we headed there. They were not busy and were waited on very quickly. We paid for all the meals and they were very grateful. It is so much fun to listen to teens talk about all the different subjects that can come up. In that hour of time we talked about school, books that they have to read, girls, parents, what they have to do at their jobs, getting up in the morning, staying up late, parents, how we would cover out SS lesson.

Last night and the reunion. I now have pictures of dad and Aunt Mable together. They had a good time looking over pictures that she had and talking about pictures from her birthday party. There was so much food and so many desserts. Can you imagine the most of those attending were of the age of 50 to 90? A couple of families under the age of 35 were there but it was mainly the older ones. I got some good pictures of cousins and spouses. We had some really good laughs with our cousins and caught up on health problems that some are having. I will post some pictures when I can figure out how to do that trick.

Here is a true story! New camera and when I wanted to view the pictures that I had taken I had a problem with four showing up in the viewer at once. Not able to figure out how to get it back to one picture at a time to look at, I handed it to Terry and ask him to reset it. Do not hand your husband a new camera and walk away while he pokes buttons. He came and told me that he was pretty sure he deleted all of my pictures that were on the stick. I said you did not??? But it was a yes he did!!! Thankfully I had downloaded my pictures that morning to my computer. The ones he deleted were ones that I had just taken of dad and some of my younger sister. Nothing that is the end of the world but there is a lesson to learn there.

Have a good afternoon. I think a Sunday nap is in order now.

No comments:

Post a Comment