Friday, August 21, 2009

August 21, Grandma Warp's Birthday

If Grandma Warp were still living today would be her birthday. I don't remember really much about her birthdays except for the date. She was such a sweet lady and always made us girls shorts and tops for the summer. I can remember she always used the same pattern and made us little tops with matching shorts. The summer time was a time that they always gardened. Their garden did not have any weeds in it. They worked in it alot and it was always well manicured. On the outside row facing their driveway grandma always had gladiolas. She had alot of different colors and she would pick me a large bundle of them. When we had our first home that was one of the flowers that I planted. When I see these flowers, grandma always comes to mind and how she gave me these beautiful flowers. They had many other flowers around their property but those always met the most to me. I had never given it much thought before tonight how weedless their gardens alway were, but I remember going to their place and seeing grandpa out in the garden with a hoe and it always was well groomed. Grandpa and Grandma Warp always bring back very fond memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment