Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Change Once Again!

Yesterday I took dad to look at the apartment that he would not look at the day before. He really liked it and met the only other guy that lives there. There are seven apartments and out of the seven there is one married couple, dad will have one, and the other five have one lady in each one. I am really happy about dad liking the place and him making up his own mind to move. He will have other people there and around him, he will not have to go out in the winter and get his paper or mail. His mailbox is inside the building. They have church service that he will be able to go to and not have to leave the building and drive to. There are different social things that he will be able to take part in. He will be able to buy all of his meals and have them delivered right to his apartment or he can cook if he would like to. He will not have to have his driveway cleaned out when it is snowing, mow grass in the summer, weed wack, or worry about having a roof fixed or a leak or anything else like that. BUT it is one more change and it is just another way of telling me that mum is gone and things have to change once again. There will be no more Christmas at the house, where will their tree go and all the decorations that we had made for them? The tree turns and my granddaughters love to watch it turn. There will be no more Thanksgivings or Easters there. That was the last part of the farm where I was raised that they had left and at some point it will be sold off. This change is alot harder than me turning 60 in a few months. I am not sure what bothers me about it other than things will change again. I still remember what Christmas was like at one of my grandparents home until they were not able to have everyone due to their health. I can remember where they had the Christmas tree and some of the decorations they had on it, I don't remember the gifts that I got but remember it was at their place and how we did things. We just want dad to be happy, safe, and very comfortable where ever he is. Hopefully he will be all of those things and more.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Mom you are so good at this!! Look at you with your little Facebook Badge!!! You rock!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete