Monday, September 14, 2009

MIXES FEELINGS

Today has been a topsey turvey day. Got up early to get to work because I had this appointed date with the cutest young man at 8:30 a.m. I got to sit in for my younger sister as grandma to her oldest grandson. She was out of town and I was ask to have the privelege to go to his third grade classroom and be his grandma. I had the best time. Lee is such a loving guy and took the best care of me. He was watching for me to come in the room, I waved to him once but he had not seen me since I had gotten my hair cut. I was clear back to his desk before he knew it was me. We ate a snack that the teacher had provided of donut holes, small blueberry muffins, small bagles, juice and coffee. She was young and her grandmother was there with her. You could tell that she was very close to her grandparents and they met alot to her. She was very pretty and had her classroom under very good control and her classroom was very bright and pretty. A very pleasant place for her students.

My boss was not pleased that he did not know I would be gone for one and a half hours. He was also missing one guy because he was sick and another came in really late and he did not know where he was. I had cleared it all with his mother and she was to be there to cover for me while I was gone but they decided to take off and left no one there to cover for me. I had an important date and had covered all the bases but the one of his missing mother.

Next was the guy who was sick. He did not bother to fill in his time card before leaving on Friday. This left me to guess how many hours he had worked on that day. I was to run payroll on Monday and how can you do this when he did not fill out his time card??? I called him twice and then the next problem came up. There was this blink in the electric. Don't know what happened but we lost the internet, which our fax machine comes in on and our telephones. So the guy could not tell me how many hours he worked. Nor we could call out or get calls in. Messy mess on a Monday and trying to run a business. I went ahead and did payroll with a guess and a prayer about his hours and decided to call it a day a little early because there was not any phones to answer or faxes to come in. Just as I was leaving the phone rang!! So we were up and running again.

I finally got home and walked into a mess. Flicka decided that today was her day to lay on the wicker couch and chew it apart. There are all of these little pieces of wood all over the floor, the blanket that we gave her to lay on and this dog that could not wait to get out the door because she knew she was in trouble. "Here, clean up this mess, I was bored, mad at you, and just plan bad today." It was a Monday!!!

There was some good news, Chloe, the premi-twin that was so bad and they thought she would not make it. News came today that she was doing better. I have been watching her mother's blog all week end for news and there was good new today.

Well, so much for this Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment